Originally published by Stevenson, Inc., this practical resource provides great ideas and techniques to retain more of your volunteers and members, including step-by-step plans to create a retention plan that helps strengthen and increase your volunteer and membership base.
This resource contains dozens of actionable techniques and procedures for retention, including strategies to develop member loyalty, communicate better, offer unique benefits, and avoid volunteer burnout. Successful ideas and programs from other organizations are presented, such as incentive programs, retreats that involve volunteers, “member of the month” programs, etc. Additionally, several useful sample forms and reports are provided, including feedback forms, member interests surveys, volunteer activity/involvement reports, complaint procedures, assessment forms, and more.
Important topics covered include:
- Staff and Volunteer Engagement
- Recognition and Awards
- Effective Communication with Members and Volunteers
- Automatic Renewal Strategies
- Member and Volunteer Incentives
- Effective Meeting Planning
- Frequent 'Rituals' that Help Formalize New Relationships
- Member Benefits that Attract and Retain
- Mentoring Volunteer
- Member and Volunteer Evaluation
- Special Events for Volunteers
- Large Awards Program that Generates Big Benefits
- Using E-newsletters to Inform, Involve Your Base
- Handling Volunteer Complaints
- Catering to Diverse Volunteers or Members
Please note that some content featured in the original version of this title has been removed in this published version due to permissions issues.