Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
What is included with this book?
Includes 10 handy dos and don’ts of using management models
· Want new ways of looking at old problems?
· Need a range of management decision-making tools at your fingertips?
· Only want what you need to know, rather than reams of theory?
With indispensible models that will help you make the most out of every business opportunity, this book tells you what you need to know, fast.
Gerben van de Berg is a management consultant at Berenschot. He is a co-author of the book Excellence = optimization and innovation and (co)author of several articles on strategic management.
About the authors
How to use this book
Top 10 dos and don’ts of using management models
Part 1: Strategy
1. Ansoff’s matrix and product market grid
2. Strategic dialogue
3. Business model canvas
4. SWOT analysis
Part 2: Organisation and governance
5. Balanced scorecard
7. The value chain
Part 3: Finance
8. Activity-based costing
9. Discounted cash flow (DCF) and net present value (NPV)
Part 4: Marketing and sales
10. 4Ps of marketing (Kotler)
11. Customer journey mapping
12. Stakeholder management
Part 5: Operations
13. Kaizen /Gemba
14. Root cause analysis/Pareto analysis
15. Six Sigma
Part 6: Innovation
16. Disruptive innovation
17. Innovation circle
18. Stage-Gate model
Part 7: Change management
19. Eight phases of change (Kotter)
20. Team roles (Belbin)
21. The Deming Cycle: plan–do–check–act
Part 8: Leadership and management
22. Competing values
23. Core quadrants
24. Cultural dimensions (Hofstede)
25. Seven habits of highly effective people (Covey)
10 useful books to read next
Glossary of terms