Minecraft® is a registered trademark of Mojang Synergies / Notch Development AB. This book is not affiliated with or sponsored by Mojang Synergies / Notch Development AB.
Now you can mod your Minecraft game environment into anything you can imagine, without becoming a technical expert!
This book is the fastest way to master Minecraft modding and use Java to transform the Minecraft game's worlds, tools, behavior, weapons, structures, mobs… everything! Plus, you'll learn Java programming skills you can use anywhere.
Learn how to do what you want, the way you want, one incredibly easy step at a time. Modding the Minecraft game has never been this simple!
This is the easiest, most practical beginner’s guide to creating killer Minecraft mods in Java… simple, reliable, full-color instructions for doing everything you really want to do! Here's a small sample of what you'll learn:
- Set up your Minecraft server and mod development tools
- Master Java basics every Minecraft game modder needs to know
- Read, write, store, and change information throughout your mod
- Build mods that can make decisions and respond to player actions
- Understand object-oriented programming and the objects you can program in Minecraft
- Handle errors without crashing the Minecraft game
- Use threads to create mobs that can do many things at once
- Customize your mobs, and build on existing objects to write new mods
- Spawn new mobs, find hidden mobs, and make one mob ride another
- Dig holes and build structures
- Create projectile weapons and potion effects
- Share your mods with the world