Only three copies
in stock at this price.
Questions About This Book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to inclue any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Rebecca Donatelle is an Associate Professor in Public Health and is the Coordinator of the Public Health Promotion and Education Programs in the College of Health and Human Sciences at Oregon State University. She has a Ph.D. in Community Health/Health Education, a Master of Science degree in Health Education, and a Bachelor of Science degree with majors in both Health/Physical Education and English. She is also a Certified Health Education Specialist in behaviors and behavior change. She has received the Leadership Award, outstanding teacher award in her college, and a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Presidential Award for Promising New Research in the Smoke-Free Families National Initiative.
Table of Contents
I. FINDING THE RIGHT BALANCE
1. Accessing Your Health
2. Promoting and Preserving Your Psychological Health
Focus On: Cultivating Your Spiritual Health
3. Managing Stress and Coping with Life’s Challenges
Focus On: Improving Your Sleep
II. CREATING HEALTHY AND CARING RELATIONSHIPS
4. Building Healthy Relationships and Communicating Effectively
5. Understanding Your Sexuality
6. Considering Your Reproductive Choices
III. BUILDING HEALTHY LIFESTYLES
7. Eating for a Healthier You
8. Reaching and Maintaining a Healthy Weight
Focus On: Enhancing Your Body Image
9. Improving Your Physical Fitness
IV. AVOIDING RISKS FROM HARMFUL HABITS
10. Recognizing and Avoiding Addiction
11. Drinking Alcohol Responsibly
12. Ending Tobacco Use
13. Avoiding Drug Misuse and Abuse
V. PREVENTING AND FIGHTING DISEASE
14. Protecting against Infectious Diseases and Sexually Transmitted Infections
Focus On: Understanding Your Health Inheritance
15. Preventing Cardiovascular Disease
Focus On: Minimizing Your Risk for Diabetes
16. Lowering Your Cancer Risk
17. Reducing Risks and Coping with Chronic Conditions
VI. FACING LIFE’S CHALLENGES
18. Choosing Conventional and Complementary Health Care
19. Preventing Violence and Abuse
Focus On: Reducing Your Risk of Unintentional Injury
20. Preserving and Protecting Your Environment
21. Preparing for Aging, Death, and Dying