This practical text provides the theoretical foundation of behavior change and then offers specific strategies, tools, and methods you can use to motivate and inspire your clients to be active, exercise, and stay healthy.
Developed by the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) and written by a team of leading experts in exercise science and motivation, the book provides step-by-step instructions to help fitness/health professionals and students master client motivation techniques.
- Access practical resources you can use immediately on the job with forms, checklists, charts, worksheets, etc. in each chapter’s From the Practical Toolbox sections.
- Stay on top of the latest research in the field with Evidence sections that support the text’s recommendations.
- Master a wide range of client-motivation techniques through Step-by-Step applications.
- See the text’s recommendations in action in real-world settings through engaging Case Scenarios.
- Improve your retention of important information through Concept Overviews that briefly set the stage for each chapter and Take-Home Messages that highlight key points.