Whether you're a professional photographer or the family shutterbug, you can't afford to miss the long-awaited Fourth Edition of the classic Photoshop Restoration and Retouching.
Katrin Eismann and co-authors Wayne Palmer and Dennis Dunbar have reviewed, updated, and revised every single technique to address the most important features in Adobe Photoshop CC. They've also added three brand new chapters on how to photograph, scan, and process RAW files; how to apply the techniques taught in the book when using Photoshop Elements; and how to retouch and enhance still life, product, and real estate shots.
Using clear, step-by-step instructions and professional examples, the authors present powerful tools and techniques photographers, designers, restoration studios, and beauty retouchers can use to restore valuable antique images, retouch portraits and product shots, and enhance glamour photography. You'll master today's best ways to:
- Correct extreme exposure errors and improve color, contrast, and tone
- Rescue heirloom originals suffering from mold damage, cracks, and torn edges
- Replace missing image information
- Remove dust and scratches quickly and easily
- Transform old photos into beautiful, original works of art by converting them to black-and-white or tinted images
- Use sharpening techniques and tonal correction tools to add life and sparkle to digital photos
- Enhance portraits by removing blemishes, reducing wrinkles, and enhancing eyes, lips, and hair, while maintaining your subject's essential character
- Apply the secrets of top glamour and beauty industry retouchers to perfect skin, make-up, and hair
With new example images, illustrations, and techniques throughout, Photoshop Restoration and Retouching, Fourth Edition will help you transform faded, damaged photographs into beautiful images that are as clear and crisp as the day they were taken (maybe even better!) - and how to turn casual snapshots and studio portraits into the most flattering images possible.