ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
Helps students understand how culture impacts development in adolescence and emerging adulthood.
Grounded in a global cultural perspective (within and outside of the US), this text enriches the discussion with historical context and an interdisciplinary approach, including studies from fields such as anthropology and sociology, in addition to the compelling psychological research on adolescent development. This book also takes into account the period of “emerging adulthood” (ages 18-25), a term coined by the author, and an area of study for which Arnett is a leading expert.
Arnett continues the fifth edition with new and updated studies, both U.S. and international. With Pearson’s MyDevelopmentLab Video Series and Powerpoints embedded with video, students can experience a true cross-cultural experience.
A better teaching and learning experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience— for you and your students. Here’s how:
- Personalize Learning – The new MyDevelopmentLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Improve Critical Thinking - Students learn to think critically about the influence of culture on development with pedagogical features such as Culture Focus boxes and Historical Focus boxes.
- Engage Students – Arnett engages students with cross cultural research and examples throughout. MyVirtualTeen, an interactive simulation, allows students to apply the concepts they are learning to their own "virtual teen."
- Explore Research – “Research Focus” provides students with a firm grasp of various research methods and helps them see the impact that methods can have on research findings.
- Support Instructors – This program provides instructors with unbeatable resources, including video embedded PowerPoints and the new MyDevelopmentLab that includes cross-cultural videos and MyVirtualTeen, an interactive simulation that allows you to raise a child from birth to age 18. An easy to use Instructor’s Manual, a robust test bank, and an online test generator (MyTest) are also available. All of these materials may be packaged with the text upon request.
0205987753 / 9780205987757 Adolescence and Emerging Adulthood Plus NEW MyPsychLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0205206514 / 9780205206513 NEW MyPsychLab with Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card
0205892493 / 9780205892495 Adolescence and Emerging Adulthood