The Advanced Strategy Guide to Minecraft
Make Minecraft whatever YOU want it to be!
After you’ve learned to survive in Minecraft, the fun really begins. Minecraft’s advanced features support stunning creativity–and that’s still just the beginning. There are custom-crafted adventure maps, massive multiplayer servers, new trading systems, new societies, and incredible mods that take Minecraft into the far future. Minecraft can be whatever you and millions of other players dream up. There’s only one problem: uncovering all these amazing resources and techniques. Problem solved! They’re all in one great full-color guide: The Advanced Strategy Guide to Minecraft. Don’t struggle with out-of-date web tutorials or bewildering YouTube videos: best-selling author Stephen O’Brien will show you how to do it all!
- Build and manage unique Minecraft configurations with their own versions, worlds, resource packs, and profiles
- Automate your farming: let a few pistons, a stream, and some redstone do all the dirty work for you
- Generate infinite ores on demand–even obsidian
- Take control of the mayhem with mob farms: mass-produce your own zombies, spiders, creepers, and skeletons
- Build in any style that inspires you: medieval, Victorian, Viking, Japanese, modern, suburban, you name it
- Create natural-looking terrain and trees, decorate with 2D pixel art, and build 3D statues
- Construct smarter, more efficient power and transportation systems
- Take Minecraft into the industrial and nuclear age… even go green with solar energy and wind farms
- Add computer systems and robotics control with ComputerCraft and Lua
- Create and share exciting adventure maps and learn the secrets of CommandBlocks
- Share your creation with the world via pro-quality video and audio
- Manage a multiplayer server and create your own trading society
- Make the most of powerful plug-ins for anti-griefing and more
Stephen O’Brien is an Australian-born writer and entrepreneur now residing in Sydney after too many years in Silicon Valley. He has written 28 books, including several best-sellers. O’Brien founded Typefi, the world’s leading automated publishing system, and in his spare time invented a new type of espresso machine called mypressi. He has played Minecraft since its alpha release and remains astounded at the unparalleled creativity it engenders. He is author of the mega-bestselling The Ultimate Player’s Guide to Minecraft and The Ultimate Player’s Guide to Minecraft: Xbox Edition.