Along the way, kids are introduced to Indonesian culture and history, the food, the language, and the natural beauty of this fascinating country! From popular sports to traditional dances, and from everyday dress to foods and school activities, this multicultural children's book provides glimpses of the everyday life and culture of this exotic, faraway land.
Kids will learn about Indonesia through stories, songs, crafts, activities and recipes:
- Learn basic vocabulary from the national language, Bahasa Indonesia
- Make a traditional mask that is worn during special ceremonial dances
- Create beautiful batik cloths and other crafts for kids
- Experience the difference between big city life in Jakarta versus village living
- Explore the beaches and volcanoes in places such as Bali and Sumatra
- Enjoy sweet cake made with coconut, and more!