Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
PART I: WRITING IN STAGES: THE PROCESS APPROACH
1. Writing a Paragraph
6. Comparison and Contrast
9. Cause and Effect
11. Writing an Essay
12. Different Essay Patterns
13. Writing from Reading
14. Using Research to Strengthen Essays
PART II: GRAMMAR FOR WRITERS
15. The Simple Sentence
16. Beyond the Simple Sentence: Coordination
17. Avoiding Run-On Sentences and Comma Splices
18. Beyond the Simple Sentence: Subordination
19. Avoiding Sentence Fragments
20. Using Parallelism in Sentences
21. Using Adjectives and Adverbs
22. Correcting Problems with Modifiers
23. Using Verbs Correctly
24. More on Verbs: Consistency and Voice
25. Making Subjects and Verbs Agree
26. Using Pronouns Correctly: Agreement and Reference
27. Using Pronouns Correctly: Consistency and Case
28. Punctuation: The Basics
29. Other Punctuation and Mechanics
31. Words that Sound Alike/Look Alike
32. Word Choice
33. Sentence Variety
PART IV: READINGS FOR WRITERS
ESL APPENDIX: GRAMMAR PRACTICE FOR NON-NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKING STUDENTS