Only two copies
in stock at this price.
from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to inclue any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
Part One: Sentence-Level Skills
1. The Simple Sentence
2. Beyond the Simple Sentence: Coordination
3. Avoiding Run-On Sentences and Comma Splices
4. Beyond the Simple Sentence: Subordination
5. Combining Sentences: A Review of Your Options
6. Avoiding Sentence Fragments
7. Using Parallelism in Sentences
8. Using Adjectives and Adverbs
9. Correcting Problems with Modifiers
10. Verbs: The Four Main Verbs
11. More on Verb Tenses
12. Verbs: Consistency and Voice
13. Making Subjects and Verbs Agree
14. Using Pronouns Correctly: Agreement and Reference
15. Using Pronouns Correctly: Consistency and Case
18. Words that Sound Alike/Look Alike
19. Using Prepositions Correctly
Part II: Writing in Stages: The Process Approach
20. Writing a Paragraph: Prewriting
21. Writing a Paragraph: Planning
22. Writing a Paragraph: Drafting and Revising
23. Writing a Paragraph: Proofreading
24. Writing a Narrative Paragraph
25. Writing a Descriptive Paragraph
26. Writing an Illustration Paragraph
27. Writing a Process Paragraph
28. Moving from Paragraphs to Essays
29. Writing from Reading
Appendix A: Readings for Writers
Appendix B: Grammar Practice for Nonnative Speakers