- Study Guide Modules contain multiple choice and true/false quizzes, map exercises, and other features designed to help students with self-study.
- Reference Modules contain Web Destinations and Net Search options that provide the opportunity to quickly reach information on the Web that relates to the content in the text.
- Communication Modules include tools such as Live Chat and Message Boards to facilitate online collaboration and communication.
- Personalization Modules include our enhanced Help feature that contains a text page for browsers an plug-ins.
- The Syllabus Manager tool provides an easy-to-follow process for creating, posting, and revising a syllabus online that is accessible from any point within the companion website.
- A Faculty Module for each chapter offers lectures, detailed overviews, activities, and other resources for instructors. Also included are maps and images in Powerpoint format for use in classroom presentations. /UL>
The Companion Website makes integrating the Internet into your course exciting and easy. Join us online and enter a new world of teaching and learning.
Table of Contents
I. THE FRAMEWORK OF GOVERNMENT.
2. From Colonialism to Constitutionalism.
3. The Federal System.
II. POLITICS AND THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.
5. Political Parties and Interest Groups.
6. Nominations and Elections.
III. THE INSTITUTIONS OF GOVERNMENT.
8. The Chief Executive.
9. The Federal Bureaucracy.
10. The Judiciary.
IV. THE RIGHTS OF THE INDIVIDUAL.
12. Civil Rights.
V. PUBLIC POLICY.
14. Foreign Policy.
Appendix B: The Articles of Confederation.
Appendix C: The Antifederalists.
Appendix D: The Federalist.
Appendix E: The Constitution of the United States of America.
Appendix F: Amendments to the Constitution.
Appendix G: Presidents and Vice Presidents of the United States.