Frames American history through personal and collective journeys
Offering a blend of political and social histories, The American Journey shows that our attempt to live up to our American ideals is an ongoing journey—one that has become increasingly more inclusive of different groups and ideas. With a goal of making American history accessible, the authors offer a strong, clear narrative and provide students with the tools they need to understand history.
MyHistoryLab is an integral part of the Goldfield program. Key learning applications include assessment, MyHistoryLab Video Series, and History Explorer.
A better teaching and learning experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students. Here’s how:
- Personalize Learning – MyHistoryLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program. It helps students prepare for class and instructor gauge individual and class performance.
- Emphasize Outcomes – Learning Objective Questions at the beginning of each chapter and a chapter review and thematic timeline ending each chapter keep students focused on what they need to know. On MyHistoryLab, practice tests help students achieve these objectives by measuring progress and creating personalized study plans.
- Engage Students – A new pedagogically-driven design highlights a clear learning path through the material and offers a visually stunning learning experience in print or on a screen. With the Pearson eText, students can transition directly to MyHistoryLab resources such as primary source documents, videos, and mapping exercises.
- Improve Critical Thinking – Powerful learning applications in MyHistoryLab—including Explorer mapping exercises, Closer Look analyses of sources and topics, and Writing Assessments tied to engaging videos—promote critical thinking.
- Support Instructors – MyHistoryLab, Instructor’s eText, MyHistoryLab Instructor’s Guide, Class Preparation Tool, Instructor’s Manual, MyTest, and PowerPoints are available.
0205962122 / 9780205962129 The American Journey: A History of the United States, Combined Volume with New MyHistoryLab with eText -- Access Card Pacakge, 7/e
Package consists of:
0205206549 / 9780205206544 NEW MyHistoryLab with Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card
0205958524 / 9780205958528 The American Journey, Combined Volume
Chapter 1: Worlds Apart
Chapter 2: Transplantation and Adaptation, 1600–1685
Chapter 3: A Meeting of Cultures
Chapter 4: English Colonies in an Age of Empire, 1660s–1763
Chapter 5: Imperial Breakdown, 1763–1774
Chapter 6: The War for Independence, 1774–1783
Chapter 7: The First Republic, 1776–1789
Chapter 8: A New Republic and the Rise of Parties, 1789–1800
Chapter 9: The Triumph and Collapse of Jeffersonian Republicanism, 1800–1824
Chapter 10: The Jacksonian Era , 1824–1845
Chapter 11: Slavery and the Old South, 1800–1860
Chapter 12: The Market Revolution and Social Reform, 1815–1850
Chapter 13: The Way West, 1815–1850
Chapter 14: The Politics of Sectionalism, 1846–1861
Chapter 15: Battle Cries and Freedom Songs: The Civil War, 1861–1865
Chapter 16: Reconstruction, 1865–1877
Chapter 17: A New South: Economic Progress and Social Tradition, 1877–1900
Chapter 18: Industry, Immigrants, and Cities, 1870–1900
Chapter 19: Transforming the West, 1865–1890
Chapter 20: Politics and Government, 1877–1900
Chapter 21: The Progressive Era, 1900–1917
Chapter 22: Creating an Empire, 1865–1917
Chapter 23: America and the Great War, 1914–1920
Chapter 24: Toward a Modern America: The 1920s
Chapter 25: The Great Depre ssion and the New Dea l, 1929–1939
Chapter 26: World War II, 1939–1945
Chapter 27: The Cold War at Home and Abroad, 1946–1952
Chapter 28: The Confident Years, 1953–1964
Chapter 29: Shaken to the Roots, 1965–1980
Chapter 30: The Reagan Revolution and a Changing World, 1981–1992
Chapter 31: Complacency, Crisis, and Global Reengagement, 1993–2012