Only one copy
in stock at this price.
from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to inclue any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
J. William T. Youngs, award-winning historian and editor of Pacific Northwest Forum, has been teaching American history at Eastern Washington University since 1972. He has also written many book reviews for the Seattle Times and is the author of Eleanor Roosevelt: A Personal and Public Life.
Table of Contents
From Reconstruction to the Present
1. The "Taming" of the West
Chief Joseph and the Nez Perce War
2. Beyond Emancipation
Booker T. Washington and the Atlanta Compromise
3. The New Industrial Era
The Rise of Andrew Carnegie
4. The Birth of Environmentalism
John Muir and the American Wilderness
5. New Immigrants
Russian Jews in the United States
6. Expanding American Democracy
The Woman Suffrage Victory
7. American Volunteers in World War I
The Lafayette Escadrille
8. Modernity Versus Tradition
The Scopes Trial and the American Character
9. The New Deal
Eleanor Roosevelt and the Politics of Compassion
10. Total War
The Bombing of Hiroshima
11. The Cold War at Home
Joseph McCarthy and Anticommunism
12. The Civil Rights Movement
Martin Luther King Jr. and the Road to Birmingham
13. Turmoil on the Campuses
Berkeley in the Sixties
14. The New Age of Technology
Steve Jobs and Apple
15. America and the Cold War
Colin Powell’s Career from Vietnam to the Persian Gulf