Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Table of Contents
1. Anatomy, Physiology and Disease: Learning the Language
2. The Human Body: Reading the Map
3. Biochemistry: The Ingredients of Life
4. The Cells: The Raw Materials and Building Blocks
5. Tissues and Systems: The Inside Story
6. The Skeletal System: The Framework
7. The Muscular System: Movement for the Journey
8. The Integumentary System: The Protective Covering
9. The Nervous System: The Body’s Control Center
10. The Endocrine System: The Body’s Other Control Center
11. The Senses: The Sights and Sounds
12. The Cardiovascular System: Transport and Supply
13. The Respiratory System: It’s a Gas
14. The Lymphatic and Immune Systems: Your Defense Systems
15. The Gastrointestinal System: Fuel for the Trip
16. The Urinary System: Filtration and Fluid Balance
17. The Reproductive System: Replacement and Repair
18. Basic Diagnostic Tests: Assessing the Systems
19. The Journey’s End: Now What? The Study Success Companion: The Key to Your Successful Journey
Appendix A: Medical Terminology Word Parts and Singular and Plural Endings
Appendix B: Clinical Abbreviations and “Do Not Use” List
Appendix C: Infectious Diseases and Their Pathogens
Appendix D: Laboratory Reference Values
Appendix E: Multi-System Effects of Various Diseases and Conditions
Appendix F: Vitamins and Minerals: Sources, Functions and Effects of Deficiency and Toxicity
Appendix G: Standard and Transmission Based Precautions