The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.
The Used, Rental and eBook copies of this book are not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included. This is true even if the title states it includes any access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.
McKinley/O'Loughlin/Bidle: Anatomy & Physiology: An Integrative Approach, 2e brings multiple elements of the study of A&P together in ways that maximize understanding. Text discussions provide structural details in the context of their functional significance to integrate coverage of anatomy and physiology in each chapter. Chapters emphasize the interdependence of body systems by weaving prior coverage of one system into textual explanations of how other systems work. These system relationships are also covered in “Integrate: Concept Connection” boxes. All figures are carefully designed to support the text narrative, and carry brief textual explanations to make figures self-contained study tools.
Special “Concept Overview” figures in each chapter tie together multi-faceted concepts in 1- or 2-page visual summaries. Applications are presented in “Integrate: Clinical View” boxes to apply chapter content using clinical examples that show students what can go wrong in the body, to help crystallize understanding of the “norm.” Critical Thinking questions in “What Do You Think?” engage students in application or analysis to encourage students to think more globally about the content; ‘What Did You Learn’ are mini self-tests at the end of each section that assess whether students have a sufficient grasp of the content before moving on. End-of-chapter “Challenge Yourself” assessments include ‘Do You Know the Basics”, “Can You Apply What You've Learned?”, and “Can You Synthesize What You've Learned?” question sets. Career opportunities pursued by students studying A&P are highlighted at the beginning of each chapter. Everyday analogies and practical advice for remembering material are presented in “Integrate: Learning Strategy” boxes. Chapters end with a summary of media tools available to help learn each chapter's content.
Users who purchase Connect Plus receive access to the full online ebook version of the textbook.
Table of Contents
1. Sciences of Anatomy and Physiology
2. Atoms, ScIons, and Molecules
3. Energy, Chemical Reactions, and Glucose Metabolism
4. Biology of the Cell
5. Tissue Organization
6. Integumentary System
7. Skeletal System: Bone Structure and Function
8. Skeletal System: Axial and Appendicular Skeleton
9. Skeletal System: Articulations
10. Muscular System: Muscle Tissue
11. Muscular System: Axial and Appendicular Muscles
12. Nervous System: Nervous Tissue
13. Nervous System: Brain and Cranial Nerves
14. Nervous System: Spinal Cord and Spinal Nerves
15. Nervous System: Autonomic Nervous System
16. Nervous System: Senses
17. Endocrine System
18. Cardiovascular System: Blood
19. Cardiovascular System: The Heart
20. Cardiovascular System: Vessels and Circulation
21. Lymphatic System
22. The Immune System and the Body's Defense
23. Respiratory System
24. Urinary System
25. Fluid and Electrolytes
26. Digestive System
27. Nutrition, Regulation of Metabolism, Energy, and Heat