from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
1. Beating the bounds of discipline? Innovation at the margins and beyond
2. John Layard, “Study of a Failure”, an innovative integrated approach from the psychoanalyst
3. Geoffrey Gorer, “Britain’s Margaret Mead”, blending anthropology and travelogue
4. Robert Graves, empowering anthropological modes of explanation in myth and ritual
5. Mass Observation, a radical, popular ethnography of the people, by the people and for the people
6. The literary image of the anthropologist
7. Parting comments: public interest, multiple anthropologies