What is included with this book?
1. Beating the bounds of discipline? Innovation at the margins and beyond
2. John Layard, “Study of a Failure”, an innovative integrated approach from the psychoanalyst
3. Geoffrey Gorer, “Britain’s Margaret Mead”, blending anthropology and travelogue
4. Robert Graves, empowering anthropological modes of explanation in myth and ritual
5. Mass Observation, a radical, popular ethnography of the people, by the people and for the people
6. The literary image of the anthropologist
7. Parting comments: public interest, multiple anthropologies