Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Antibiotics Simplified, Second Edition is a succinct guide designed to bridge knowledge gained in basic sciences courses with clinical practice in infectious diseases. This practical text reviews basic microbiology and how to approach the pharmacotherapy of a patient with a presumed infection. It also contains concise Drug Class Reviews with an explanation of the characteristics of various classes of antibacterial drugs and antifungal drugs.
New to the Second Edition
- Expanded coverage of drug classes
- Antiviral agents (antiretrovirals for HIV, anti-mycobacterial, and anti-parasitic agents)
- New appendix including empiric regimens for common infections
- 17 new chapters in total
Each Drug Class Review Includes
- Agents Belonging to Each Class
- Drugs Used Most Commonly in Practice
- Spectrum of Activity
- Adverse Effects
- Dosing Issues
- Important Points
- Useful Indications
Antibiotics Simplified, Second Edition simplifies learning infectious disease pharmacotherapy and condenses the many facts that are taught about antibiotics into one quick reference guide. This guide will help students learn the characteristics of antibiotics and why an antibiotic is useful for an indication. With an understanding of the characteristics of the antibiotics, students will be able to make a logical choice to treat an infection more easily.
With helpful figures and flow charts, Drug Class Reviews, a Spectra of Activity chart, and an index for reference, this is an ideal handbook for students as well as practicing pharmacists, physicians, and other clinicians!