Your order must be $59 or more to qualify for free economy shipping.
Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace items, eBooks and apparel do not qualify for this offer.
Get Rewarded for Ordering Your Textbooks!Enroll Now
Customer ReviewsRead Reviews
Write a Review
List Price: $64.00
Examines the basic principles and concepts of introductory earth science. Covers the concept of geology, metrology, oceanography, and astronomy. College-level textbook. Previous edition c2000.
Table of Contents
1. The Study of Minerals. 2. Common Rocks. 3. Introduction to Aerial Photographs and Topographic Maps. 4. Shaping Earth's Surface - Running Water and Groundwater. 5. Shaping Earth's Surface - Arid and Glacial Landscapes. 6. Determining Geologic Ages. 7. Geologic Maps and Structures. 8. Earthquakes and Earth's Interior.
9. Introduction to Oceanography. 10. The Dynamic Ocean Floor. 11. Waves, Currents, and Tides.
12. Earth-Sun Relations. 13. Atmospheric Heating. 14. Atmospheric Moisture, Pressure, and Wind. 15. Air Masses, the Middle-Latitude Cyclone, and Weather Maps. 16. Global Climates and the Human Impact.
17. Astronomical Observations. 18. Patterns in the Solar System. 19. Planet Positions. 20. The Moon and Sun.
V. EARTH SCIENCE SKILLS.
21. Location and Distance on Earth. 22. The Metric System, Measurements, and Scientific Inquiry.