Unlike any other anthologies in applied ethics, this anthology integrates multicultural perspectives throughout each section as it considers contemporary ethical problems and dilemmas. All of the standard topics for an introductory ethics course are present, but this new edition is the only anthology to devote an entire section to the ethics of radically new technologies. Classic readings, as well as compelling contemporary essays, are brought together to provide instructors and students with the best introduction to applied ethics on the market.
- Integrated moral perspectives, drawn from diverse global traditions, for each ethical topic
- Introductory chapter on the nature of morality, including capsule summaries of major Western and non-Western ethical perspectives
- Classic and contemporary readings on all ethical topics, representing differences of gender, ethnicity and race
- Extended introductions to sections and essays to aid in student comprehension
New to this edition:
- Entirely new section on technology and ethics, with essays on genetics, artificial intelligence, and mind-altering drugs
- Completely revised section on race, including new essays representing diverse ethnic American voices
- New essay which clarifies common misperceptions about the ethical position of "cultural relativism"
- New essays on reproductive rights issues, environmental issues, and the problems of hunger and poverty