A small, hardback pocket book to reach for whenever you’re stuck for words
Ah, what could be better than good food, good wine and stimulating conversation? The food and wine can be bought…but good conversation is harder to acquire. If you want to be at the top of everyone’s dinner party invite list then Judy Apps and The Art of Conversation can help you master the knack of conversing like a poet. By showing you how conversation works, Judy will help you nail the best way to start a conversation, what to say, how to express yourself and be understood and how to debate effectively. With the help of this little book you’ll also learn how to glide through networking events, meetings and interviews. You’ll be able to raise your profile at work, build alliances, motivate and inspire others. You’ll be a hit both at work and home.
You’ll learn how to:
- Overcome the most common block to good conversation- fear; find out how to break the silence and keep the conversation going
- Understand the different types of conversation and how they work- which topics and language are suitable for the occasion
- Learn simple methods for being heard and understood, including speaking clearly and audibly, listening well and using non-verbal communication
- Find out how to hold a conversation in tricky situations, including how to disagree, how to speak to those in authority and people you find difficult
- Use conversation to form relationships, improve friendships, make the sale, chat people up, to learn, influence and persuade