This lively introduction offers a complete overview of the main Asian religions, their traditions and contemporary relevance, and how they are lived and practiced today.
- Provides readers with an all-embracing introduction to Asian religions, covering each of the main traditions in a style that is lively and distinctive
- Focuses on Asian religions as lived and practiced by real people, leading readers to a deeper understanding of Asian spiritualities and traditions, and their contemporary relevance
- Uses exercises, activities, and an appealing mixture of examples, such as novels, throughout the book, to both inform and engage readers
- Employs a comparative approach, highlighting the contrasts between Asian and Western modes of thinking and living
- Debates the influence of religion on real-world issues including work, economic growth, the environment, human rights, and gender relations
- Written by an acclaimed scholar in this field, who is able to draw on his remarkable knowledge across all relevant religious traditions