Ideal for both novice and advanced technicians, Automotive Heating and Air Conditioning, Sixth Edition,provides a complete, state-of-the-art source on automotive heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems.Correlated to NATEF and ASE tasks, the text focuses on the generic theory that underlies the operation, diagnosis, and repair of the units and subassemblies found in the many makes and types of vehicles students will likely encounter on the job. Formatted to better meet the learning needs of today's technical trade students, it visually supports concepts covered throughout, and includes many practical shop tips that guide students through important problem-solving procedures they'll use on the job.
1. Service Information, Fasteners, Tools, and Safety.
2. Environmental and Hazardous Materials.
3. Basics of Heating and Air Conditioning.
4. Heat Movement Theory.
5. Refrigerants and the Environment.
6. Moving Heat: Heating and Air Conditioning Principles.
7. Air Conditioning Systems.
8. Air Conditioning Systems Components.
9. Heating Systems.
10. Air Management Systems.
11. HVAC System Inspection and Trouble Diagnosis Procedures.
12. A/C System Inspection and Diagnosis.
13. Heating and Air Management Systems Inspection and Diagnosis.
14. HVAC System Electrical or Electronic Controls: Theory, Inspection, and Diagnosis, and Repair.
15. Refrigerant Service Operations.
16. A/C System Repair.
17. Cooling System Inspection, Trouble Diagnosis, and Service.
Appendix A: ASE Certification and Task List.
Appendix B: Temperature-Pressure Charts.
Appendix C: A/C Service Procedure Documents.
Appendix D: EPA SNAP-Approved Refrigerants as Substitutes for CFC-12.
Appendix E: Potential Compressor Problems with R-134a.
Appendix F: English–Metric Conversion Table.
Appendix G: Bolt Torque Tightening Chart.
Appendix H: Full-Size Illustrations of Fittings.
Appendix I: Refrigerant Numbering System.