Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Praised by top pastry chefs and bakers as "an indispensable guide" and "the ultimate baking and pastry reference," the latest edition of Baking and Pastry from The Culinary Institute of America improves upon the last with more than 300 new recipes, photographs, and illustrations, and completely revised and up-to-date information on creating spectacular breads and desserts. Covering the full range of the baking and pastry arts and widely used by professionals and readers who want to bake like professionals, this book offers detailed, accessible instructions on the techniques for everything from yeast breads, pastry doughs, quick breads, breakfast pastries, and savory items to cookies, pies, cakes, frozen desserts, custards, soufflés, and chocolates. In addition, this revised edition features new information on sustainability and seasonality along with new material on plated desserts, special-occasion cakes, wedding cakes, décor techniques, savory and breakfast pastries, and volume production, making it the most comprehensive baking and pastry manual on the market.
- Named "Best Book: Professional Kitchen" at the International Association of Culinary Professionals (IACP) Cookbook Awards
- Established by its first two editions as a lifelong kitchen reference for professional pastry chefs
- Includes more than 900 recipes and 645 color photographs and illustrations