The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.
The Used, Rental and eBook copies of this book are not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included. This is true even if the title states it includes any access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.
Bank Management and Financial Services, now in its ninth edition, is designed primarily for students interested in pursuing careers in or learning more about the financial services industry. It explores the services that banks and their principal competitors (including savings and loans, credit unions, security and investment firms) offer in an increasingly competitive financial-services marketplace. The ninth edition discusses the major changes and events that are remaking banking and financial services today. Among the key events and unfolding trends covered inthe text are: Newest Reforms in the Financial System, including the new Dodd-Frank Financial Reform Law and the Credit Card Accountability, Responsibility, and Disclosure (CARD) Act of 2009. Global Financial Sector coverage of the causes and impact of the latest "great recession." Systemic Risk and the presentation of the challenges posed in the financial system. Exploration of changing views on the "too big to fail" (TBTF) doctrine and how regulators may be forced to deal with TBTF in the future. Controlling Risk Exposure presentation of methods in an increasingly volatile economy
Table of Contents
Introduction to Banking and Financial Services
1. An Overview of the Changing Financial-Services Sector
2. The Impact of Government Policy and Regulation on the Financial-Services Industry
3. The Organization and Structure of Banking and the Financial-Services Industry
4. Establishing New Banks, Branches, ATMs, Telephone Services, and Web Sites
Financial Statements and Financial-Firm Performance
5. The Financial Statements of Banks and Their principal Competitors
6. Measuring and Evaluating the Performance of Banks and Their Principal Competition
Tools for Managing and Hedging Against Risk
7. Risk Management for Changing Interest Rates: Asset-Liability Management and Duration Techniques
8. Risk Management: Financial Futures, Options, Swaps, and Other Hedging Tools