More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
This is the 9th edition with a publication date of 12/15/2003.
What is included with this book?
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
The most current, authoritative, and comprehensive pharmacology book for medical, pharmacy, and other health science students. Widely respected for its clarity, comprehensiveness, and organization, this pharmacology course book presents the essential concepts that students need to know about the science of pharmacology and their application. Focuses on the basic principles of each drug group as well as the clinical choice and use of drugs in patients and the monitoring of their effects.
Table of Contents
I. BASIC PRINCIPLES
2. Drug Receptors & Pharmacodynamics
3. Pharmacokinetics & Pharmacodynamics: Rational Dosing & the Tiem Course of Drug Action
4. Drug Biotransformation
5. Basic & Clinical Evaluation of New Drugs
II. AUTONOMIC DRUGS
6. Introduction to Autonomic Pharmacology
7. Cholinoceptor-Activating & Cholinesterase-Inhibiting Drugs
8. Cholinoceptor-Blocking Drugs
9. Adrenoceptor-Activating & Other Sympathomimetic Drugs
10. Adrenoceptor Antagonist Drugs
III. CARDIOVASCULAR-RENAL DRUGS
11. Antihypertensive Agents
12. Vasodilators & the Treatment of Angina Pectoris
13. Cardiac Glycosides & Other Drugs Used in Congestive Heart Failure
14. Agents Used in Cardiac Arrhythmias
15. Diuretic Agents
IV. DRUGS WITH IMPORTANT ACTIONS ON SMOOTH MUSCLE
16. Histamine, Serotonin, & the Ergot Alkaloids
17. Vasoactive Drugs
18. The Eicosanoids: Prostaglandins, Thromboxanes, Leukotrienes, & Related Compounds
19. Nitric Oxide, Donors, & Inhibitors
20. Drugs Used in Asthma
V. DRUGS THAT ACT IN THE CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM
21. Introduction to the Pharmacology of CNS Drugs
22. Sedative-Hypnotic Drugs
23. The Alcohols
24. Antiseizure Drugs
25. General Anesthetics
26. Local Anesthetics
27. Skeletal Muscle Relaxants
28. Pharmacologic Management of Parkinsonism & Other Movement Disorders
29. Antipsychotic Agents & Lithium
30. Antidepressant Agents
31. Opioid Analgesics & Antagonists
32. Drugs of Abuse