The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.
The Fifth Edition of Basic Statistics for Business and Economics is a shorter version of Lind/Marchal/Wathen's Statistical Techniques in Business and Economics, 12e. The authors of this text continue to provide a student-oriented approach to business statistics. In this book you will find step-by-step solved examples, realistic exercises, and up-to-date technology and illustrations. Book jacket.
Table of Contents
1.What is Statistics?
2. Describing Data: Frequency Distributions and Graphic Presentation
3. Describing Data: Numerical Measures
4. A Survey of Probability Concepts
5. Discrete Probability Distributions
6. The Normal Probability Distributions
7. Sampling Methods and Central Limit Theorem
8. Estimation and Confidence Intervals
9. One-Sample Tests of Hypothesis
10. Two-Sample Tests of Hypothesis
11. Analysis of Variance
12. Linear Regression and Correlation
13. Multiple Regression and Correlation Analysis
14. Chi-Square Applications for Nominal DataOptional Chapters on the Student CD-ROM