The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.
The Used, Rental and eBook copies of this book are not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included. This is true even if the title states it includes any access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.
The eighth edition of Basic Weight Training for Men and Womenincludes many features that make this text the best and most comprehensive beginning weight training book on the market. Each chapter presents the most important and up-to date weight training exercises with free weights and on the most popular exercise machines found in schools and health clubs in the United States. Nutrition information, workout schedules, proper techniques, and research articles debunking fitness myths fill Basic Weight Training for Men and Women, 8th edition. The text also includes a discussion of functional training exercises and stresses the concept that the key to building strength and power is to train movements rather than specific muscles.
Table of Contents
1. Basic Weight Training
2. Weight Training and Your Body
3. Weight Training Guidelines
4. How Weight Training Improves Your Body
5. Getting Started: The Basics
6. Developing the Lower Body
7. Developing the Back and Neck
8. Developing the Abdominal Muscles
9. Developing the Chest and Shoulders
10. Developing the Arms
11. Exercises to Develop Speed and Power
12. Nutrition for Weight Training
13. Ergogenic Aids: Drugs and Supplements
APPENDIX 1: Muscular System
APPENDIX 2: Skeletal System
APPENDIX 3: Machine and Free-Weight Exercises for Sports and Activities
APPENDIX 4: Norms and Test Procedures for Measuring Strength