More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
This is the edition with a publication date of 9/1/2013.
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Shylashri Shankar is Senior Fellow, Centre for Policy Research, New Delhi.
Raghav Gaiha is Retired Professor of Public Policy, Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi, Delhi.
Table of Contents
List of Tables
List of Abbreviations
Introduction: Challenges in the Battle against Corruption
PART I: AN OVERVIEW OF NREGA
1. NREGA's Characteristics and the Methodology of the Study
2. Has NREGA Been Successful?
PART II: FORMAL MECHANISMS TO ENHANCE THE EMPOWERMENT FRAME
3. Install Vulnerable Groups in Positions of Power
4. Enabling Transfers to the Poor
5. Making Social Audits Accountable
PART III: INFORMAL MECHANISMS TO ENHANCE THE EMPOWERMENT FRAME
6. Inform the Poor
7. Networks, Vulnerability, and Agency
8. Does Political Competition Enhance Empowerment?
Conclusion: Is the Battle against Corruption Winnable?