More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
Renting is easy, fast, and cheap! Renting from eCampus.com can save you hundreds of dollars compared to the cost of new or used books each semester. At the end of the semester, simply ship the book back to us with a free UPS shipping label! No need to worry about selling it back.
How do rental returns work?
Returning books is as easy as possible. As your rental due date approaches, we will email you several courtesy reminders. When you are ready to return, you can print a free UPS shipping label from our website at any time. Then, just return the book to your UPS driver or any staffed UPS location. You can even use the same box we shipped it in!
What version or edition is this?
This is the edition with a publication date of 9/1/2013.
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Shylashri Shankar is Senior Fellow, Centre for Policy Research, New Delhi.
Raghav Gaiha is Retired Professor of Public Policy, Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi, Delhi.
Table of Contents
List of Tables
List of Abbreviations
Introduction: Challenges in the Battle against Corruption
PART I: AN OVERVIEW OF NREGA
1. NREGA's Characteristics and the Methodology of the Study
2. Has NREGA Been Successful?
PART II: FORMAL MECHANISMS TO ENHANCE THE EMPOWERMENT FRAME
3. Install Vulnerable Groups in Positions of Power
4. Enabling Transfers to the Poor
5. Making Social Audits Accountable
PART III: INFORMAL MECHANISMS TO ENHANCE THE EMPOWERMENT FRAME
6. Inform the Poor
7. Networks, Vulnerability, and Agency
8. Does Political Competition Enhance Empowerment?
Conclusion: Is the Battle against Corruption Winnable?