Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
What is included with this book?
Become a C# programmer—and have fun doing it!
Start writing software that solves real problems, even if you have absolutely no programming experience! This friendly, easy, full-color book puts you in total control of your own learning, empowering you to build unique and useful programs. Microsoft has completely reinvented the beginning programmer’s tutorial, reflecting deep research into how today’s beginners learn, and why other books fall short. Begin to Code with C# is packed with innovations, from its “Snaps” prebuilt operations to its “Make Something Happen” projects. Whether you’re a total beginner or you’ve tried before, this guide will put the power, excitement, and fun of programming where it belongs: in your hands!
Easy, friendly, and you’re in control! Learn how to…
• Get the free tools you need to create modern programs
• Work with 150 sample programs that illustrate important concepts
• Use the sample programs as starting points for your own programs
• Explore exactly what happens when a program runs
• Approach program development with a professional perspective
• Use powerful productivity shortcuts built into Microsoft Visual Studio
• Master classes, interfaces, methods, and other essential concepts
• Organize programs so they’re easy to construct and improve
• Capture and respond to user input
• Store and manipulate many types of real-world data
• Create interactive games that are fun to play
• Build modern interfaces your users will love
• Test and debug your code—and avoid problems in the first place