A hands-on introduction to the latest release of the Android OS
As the fastest-growing mobile platform today, the Android OS is a powerful and flexible platform for mobile devices and the new Android 5 release boasts significant new features and enhancements for both smartphone and tablet applications. This full-color resource takes a hands-on approach to teaching you how to create Android applications for the latest OS and the newest devices, including both smartphones and tablets.
- Addresses how to display notifications, create rich user interfaces, and use activities and intents
- Reviews mastering views and menus and managing data
- Discusses working with SMS and messaging APIs
- Looks at packaging and publishing applications to the android market
- Shows you how to install and use Eclipse and the Android SDK
Beginning Android Programming starts with the basics and goes on to provide you with everything you need to know to begin to successfully develop your own Android applications.