In The Bible: A Historical and Literary Introduction, renowned biblical scholar and New York Times Bestselling author Bart D. Ehrman presents his long-awaited survey of the Bible. Comprehensive yet succinct, current in scholarship, rich in pedagogical tools, and easily accessible to students of all backgrounds, this is an ideal textbook for one-semester courses on the Bible. Ehrman covers every book in the canon, including the Apocrypha, explaining the historical and literary problems posed by the biblical texts and showing students how to analyze scholarly evidence and conclusions.
* An exceptionally accessible and engaging writing style that vividly brings the Bible to life
* Full-color illustrations throughout, including numerous maps, time lines, charts, and photos
* "What to Expect" boxes previewing each chapter, "At a Glance" boxes summarizing chapters or large sections, and additional boxes presenting intriguing issues in more depth
* "Take a Stand" questions designed to help students synthesize the material in each chapter
* A unique appendix on the canon and text of the Bible
* An Instructor's Manual with Computerized Test Bank on CD that offers numerous teaching resources
* A Companion Website at www.oup.com/us/ehrman containing numerous resources for students and instructors
A FREE 6-month subscription to Oxford Biblical Studies Online (www.oxfordbiblicalstudies.com), a $180 value, is included with the purchase of every new copy of this text.
SAVE YOUR STUDENTS 20%!
This text is available in a discounted package with The New Oxford Annotated Bible with Apocrypha: New Revised Standard Version, College Edition, Fourth Edition. To assign this package, order package ISBN 978-0-19-935854-0.