Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
1. What is Life?
2. The Chemistry of Life
3. The Dynamic Cell
4. The Energy of Life
6. How Cells Release Energy
Unit 2: The Molecular Basis of Life
7. DNA Structure and Replication
8. The Cell Cycle
9. Sexual Reproduction and Meiosis
10. Patterns of Inheritance
11. Chromosomes and Human Inheritance Patterns
12. Gene Function, Gene Regulation, and Biotechnology
Unit 3: The Evolution of Life
13. The Forces of Evolutionary Change
14. Speciation and Extinction
15. Evidence for Evolution
16. The Origin and History of Life
Unit 4: The Diversity of Life
17. Viruses and Simple Infectious Agents
18. Bacteria and Archaea
22. Animals I – Invertebrates
23. Animals II – Vertebrates
Unit 5: Plant Life
24. Plant Form and Function
25. Plant Nutrition and Transport
26. Reproduction and Development of Flowering Plants
Unit 6: Animal Life
27. Animal Tissues, Organ Systems and Homeostasis
28. The Nervous System
29. The Sensory System
30. The Endocrine System
31. The Musculoskeletal System
32. The Circulatory System
33. The Respiratory System
34. Digestion and Animal Nutrition
35. Regulation of Temperature and Body Fluids
36. The Immune System
37. Animal Reproduction and Development
Unit 7: The Ecology of Life
38. Animal Behavior
40. Communities and Ecosystems
41. The Biosphere
42. Conserving Biodiversity