What is included with this book?
NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For non-majors/mixed biology courses.
This package includes MasteringBiology ™
An Inquiry Approach that engages readers in critical thinking through the use of relatable case studies and more.
With a proven and effective tradition of engaging readers with real-world applications, high-interest case studies, and inquiry-based pedagogy, Biology: Life on Earth fosters a lifetime of discovery and scientific understanding. Maintaining the conversational, question-and-answer presentation style that has made the text a best-seller, the Eleventh Edition continues to incorporate true and relevant Case Studies throughout each chapter, along with new, more extensive guidance for developing critical thinking skills and scientific literacy.
For coverage of plant and animal anatomy & physiology, an alternate edition, Biology: Life on Earth with Physiology, Eleventh Edition, is also available.
Personalize learning with MasteringBiology
MasteringBiology is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment product proven to improve results by helping readers quickly master concepts. Readers benefit from self-paced tutorials that feature personalized wrong-answer feedback and hints that emulate the office-hour experience and help keep students on track. With a wide range of interactive, engaging, and assignable activities, readers are encouraged to actively learn and retain tough course concepts.
013415374X / 9780134153742 Biology: Life on Earth Plus MasteringBiology with eText -- Access Card Package, 11/e
Package consists of:
1. An Introduction to Life on Earth
Part I: THE LIFE OF THE CELL
2. Atoms, Molecules, and Life
3. Biological Molecules
4. Cell Structure and Function
5. Cell Membrane Structure and Function
6. Energy Flow in the Life of a Cell
7. Capturing Solar Energy: Photosynthesis
8. Harvesting Energy: Glycolysis and Cellular Respiration
Part II: INHERITANCE
9. The Continuity of Life: Cellular Reproduction
10. Patterns of Inheritance
11. DNA: The Molecule of Heredity
12. Gene Expression and Regulation
Part III: EVOLUTION AND DIVERSITY OF LIFE
14. Principles of Evolution
15. How Populations Evolve
16. The Origin of Species
17. The History of Life
18. Systematics: Seeking Order Amid Diversity
19. The Diversity of Prokaryotes and Viruses
20. The Diversity of Protists
21. The Diversity of Plants
22. The Diversity of Fungi
23. Animal Diversity I: Invertebrates
24. Animal Diversity II: Vertebrates
Part IV. BEHAVIOR AND ECOLOGY
25. Animal Behavior
26. Population Growth and Regulation
27. Community Interactions
28. Energy Flow and Nutrient Cycling in Ecosystems
29. Earth’s Diverse Ecosystems
30. Conserving Earth’s Biodiversity
Part V. ANIMAL ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY
31. Homeostasis and the Organization of the Animal Body
34. Nutrition and Digestion
35. The Urinary System
36. Defense Against Disease
37. Chemical Control of the Animal Body: The Endocrine System
38. The Nervous System
39. The Senses
40. Action and Support: The Muscles and Skeleton
41. Animal Reproduction
42. Animal Development
Biology Life on Earth, Eleventh Edition includes Chapters 1—30
Biology Life on Earth with Physiology, Eleventh Edition includes Chapters 1—45
Part VI. PLANT ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY
43. Plant Anatomy and Nutrient Transport
44. Plant Reproduction and Development
45. Plant Responses to the Environment