This practical volume in the Biopsy Interpretation Series is your guide to effectively diagnosing surgical pathology specimens from the kidney and adrenal glands, with an emphasis on core needle biopsies. Presented in a reader-friendly format, it features abundant photomicrographs of actual biopsy samples as well as correlative photos of surgical specimens and ancillary immunohistochemical studies. Coverage of each organ includes an introduction to biopsy techniques and an overview of normal histology. Positive diagnoses for renal lesions are described by a pattern approach and tumor type, and adrenal lesions are grouped by primary and metastatic tumors, reflecting the main diagnostic considerations. Renal and adrenal cytology specimens and endoscopic renal pelvic biopsies and are also described.
- Uniquely detailed focus addresses the specific techniques and interpretive features of renal and adrenal biopsy.
- Timely content addresses the use of renal biopsy in minimally invasive therapeutic techniques as well as its role in active surveillance of renal masses.
- The latest ISUP classifications reflect newly described renal tumors.
- Clinical implications of each diagnosis are highlighted throughout the text to guide therapeutic decision-making.
- Exclusive online content includes more than 50 self-assessment questions and 100 additional full-color images.
- 50 questions for review and self-assessment, plus 100 additional full-color images available only online.
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use