Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to inclue any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
THE BLAIR READER offers 114 essays, seven poems, and two short stories arranged thematically under ten interesting and thought-provoking topics (e.g., Family and Memory, The Politics of Language, The American Dream, and The Wired Revolution).
- Thirty-seven new selections highly-rated by faculty reviewers to encourage critical inquiry
- Photographic images with reflective thinking questions in every chapter
- End-of-chapter Internet research activities for further discovery
COMPANION WEBSITE www.prenhall.com/kirszner
The Companion Website provides additional chapter exercises, links, and activities that reinforce and build upon the material presented in the text.
Website features include:
Additional essay and short answer questions for every reading
Web links that provide additional contextual information
Web destinations for each essay topic
Table of Contents
(*Denotes new selection.)
1. Family and Memory.
2. Issues in Education.
3. The Politics of Language.
4. Media and Society.
5. Gender and Society.
6. The American Dream.
7. The Wired Revolution.
8. Medicine and Human Values.
9. Nature and the Environment.
10. Making Choices.