Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
What is included with this book?
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MasteringMicrobiology does not come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MasteringMicrobiology search for ISBN-10: 0321897072/ISBN-13: 9780321897077. That package includes ISBN-10: 0321897390/ISBN-13: 9780321897398 and ISBN-10: 0321943732/ISBN-13: 9780321943736.
MasteringMicrobiology is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
I. THE FOUNDATIONS OF MICROBIOLOGY
1. Microorganisms and Microbiology
2. Microbial Cell Structure and Function
3. Nutrition, Culture, and Metabolism
4. Molecular Microbiology
5. Microbial Growth and Growth Control
II. GENOMICS, GENETICS, AND VIROLOGY
6. Microbial Genomics
7. Metabolic Regulation
8. Genetics of Bacteria and Archaea
9. Viruses and Virology
10. Genomics and Phylogeny of Viruses
11. Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology
III. METABOLIC AND MICROBIAL DIVERSITY
12. Metabolic Diversity of Bacteria and Archaea
13. Microbial Evolution and Systematics
14. Phylogenetic Diversity of Bacteria
15. Functional and Ecological Diversity of Bacteria
16. Diversity of Archaea
17. Diversity of Microbial Eukarya
IV. MICROBIAL ECOLOGY AND ENVIRONMENTAL MICROBIOLOGY
18. Tools of the Microbial Ecologist
19. Microbial Ecosystems
20. Nutrient Cycles in Nature
21. Microbiology of the Built Environment
22. Microbial Symbioses
V. PATHOGENICITY AND IMMUNOLOGY
23. Microbial Interactions with Humans
24. Principles of Immunology and Host Defense
25. Immune Mechanisms
26. Molecular Immunology
27. Clinical Microbiology and Immunology
VI. INFECTIOUS DISEASES AND THEIR TRANSMISSION
29. Person-to-Person Bacterial and Viral Diseases
30. Vectorborne and Soilborne Bacterial and Viral Diseases
31. Common Source Diseases: Food and Water
32. Fungal and Parasitic Diseases