from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- Comprises approximately 2,000 alphabetically arranged entries
- Defines and describes the Brontës' fictional characters and settings
- Incorporates original literary judgements and analyses of characters and motives
- Includes coverage of Charlotte's unfinished novels and her and Branwell's juvenile writings
- Features over 60 illustrations
Robert Barnard taught for seventeen years in Norwegian universities before returning to Britain and writing books on Dickens, Agatha Christie and Emily Bronte. He was honoured with the Cartier Diamond Dagger award for his crime novels, which number more than fifty titles.
Louise Barnard was for many years a university librarian in Australia and Norway. She was responsible for the bibliography and filmography in Robert Barnard's book on Agatha Christie and has researched extensively for A Brontë Encylopedia.
Table of Contents
List of Abbreviations viii
Note on Spelling xi
A–Z Entries 1–393