An Expert Guide to Building Oracle Database Cloud Infrastructures
This is the first complete, practical guide to architecting, designing, and building Database Clouds with Oracle 12c. Written by a veteran author team of Oracle gurus and ACE Directors, Building Database Clouds in Oracle 12c combines a real-world, hands-on operations guide with an expert handbook on Oracle Database-As-A-Service (DBaaS) and Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC).
Writing for Oracle DBAs, DMAs, cloud administrators, and other Oracle professionals, the authors present authoritative technical information for database cloud build-out, management, monitoring, and day-to-day administration.
The authors first explain the key concepts underlying DBaaS, describe cloud computing implementations related to it, and outline the business and technology benefits. Next, they show how the Oracle DBA’s approach changes in cloud environments. Then, building on this foundation, they offer insider advice on all key facets of database cloud deployment and operation with Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c and Oracle RAC 12c.
This guide helps you
- Make the business case for cloud computing with DBaaS
- Organize DBA responsibilities in cloud environments
- Plan, design, and deploy Database Clouds with Oracle’s latest components
- Consolidate schema and databases with Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c
- Use best practices for management, administration metering, and chargeback
- Clone databases quickly and reliably
- Set up grid infrastructure on Oracle VM for x86 or Oracle VM VirtualBox