"Business in Action, 3/E " is an introduction to business that provides readers with a wealth of the most current information available, allowing them to experience firsthand a variety of highly involving information that no other book on the market can match. Numerous cases and examples simplify the material, encourage active reading, and provide a life-long useful reference source. Topics include: the global economy, starting and organizing a small business, management issues, human resources and employee relations, marketing strategies, and financial information and resources. An excellent resource for managers, corporate trainers, and those interesting in owning and operating small to medium businesses; this book is also a must-read for people just entering the corporate job market.
I. CONDUCTING BUSINESS IN THE GLOBAL ECONOMY.
1. Understanding the Fundamentals of Business and Economics.
Appendix A. Reviewing Internet and E-Commerce Fundamentals.
2. Practicing Ethical Behavior and Social Responsibility.
3. Competing in the Global Economy.
II. STARTING AND ORGANIZING A SMALL BUSINESS.
4. Starting, Financing, and Expanding a Small Business.
5. Selecting the Proper Form of Business Ownership and Exploring Business Combinations.
III. MANAGING A BUSINESS.
6. Understanding the Functions and Roles of Management.
7. Organizing and Working in Teams.
8. Producing Quality Goods and Services.
IV. MANAGING HUMAN RESOURCES AND EMPLOYEE RELATIONS.
9. Motivating Employees and Handling Employee-Management Relations.
10. Managing Human Resources.
V. DEVELOPING MARKING STRATEGIES TO SATISFY CUSTOMERS.
11. Developing Product and Pricing Strategies.
12. Developing Distribution and Promotional Strategies.
VI. MANAGING FINANCIAL INFORMATION AND RESOURCES.
13. Analyzing and Using Financial Information.
14. Understanding Banking and Securities.
Appendix B. The U.S. Legal System.
Appendix C. Business Plan.
Appendix D. Careers in Business and the Employment Search.