What is included with this book?
Named Marketing Book of the Year for 2016 by Marketing & Sales Books!
Reshape Consumer Behavior by Making Your Brand the Instinctive, Intuitive, Easy Choice
• Discover powerful new ways to simplify and guide consumer decisions
• Gain actionable insights into social influence, how people plan, and how they interpret the past
• Leverage surprising advances in neuroscience, evolutionary biology, and the behavioral and social sciences
Whatever your marketing or behavioral objective, you’ll be far more successful if you know how humans choose. Human intuitions and cognitive mechanisms have evolved over millions of years, but only now are marketers beginning to understand their impact on people’s decisions. The Business of Choice helps you apply new scientific insights to make your brand or target behavior the easiest, most instinctive choice.
Matthew Willcox integrates the latest research advances with his own extensive enterprise marketing experience at FCB’s Institute of Decision Making. Willcox explains why we humans often seem so irrational, how marketers can leverage the same evolutionary factors that helped humans prosper as a species, how to make decisions simpler for your consumers, and how to make them feel good about their choices, so they keep coming back for more!
MATTHEW WILLCOX (San Francisco Bay Area, CA) is Founder and Executive Director of the Institute of Decision Making at Draft FCB. He is also the Chief Strategy Officer of Draft FCB West, a top global advertising agency and key company within the Interpublic Group. He has more than 25 years experience in brand strategy throughout Europe, Asia and North America. Willcox has recently spoken at the Cannes Festival of Creativity (his third appearance there); at Advertising Week in New York; at the Advertising Research Foundation's conference on Big Data in Palo Alto, CA; at Most Contagious and AdTech in London; and as guest lecturer at UC Berkeley, Georgetown, and Stanford. He also runs large decision making workshops for enterprise clients such as Levi's and Del Monte.
1. How Our Instinctual Choices Got Us Where We Are (and Why that is Important)
2. The Influence of Others
3. Time and Choice. a Minefield for Marketers
4. Making Decisions Easy for Consumers (and Why You Might Want to Do That)
5. the Ultimate Power of Choices Becoming Instinctive
Use what scientists have learned about human nature to make your brand, product, service, or behavior the most instinctual and easiest choice!