Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
What is included with this book?
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
Directed primarily toward undergraduate business college/university majors, this text also provides practical content to current and aspiring industry professionals.
Only Bovée/Thill texts thoroughly address the new-media skills that employees are expected to have in today’s business environment. Business Communication Essentials presents these technologies in the context of proven communication strategies and essential business English skills.
0133098826 / 9780133098822 Business Communication Essentials Plus MyBCommLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of
0132971321 / 9780132971324 Business Communication Essentials
0132992345 / 9780132992343 MyBCommLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Business Communication Essentials
UNIT 1. BUSINESS COMMUNICATION FOUNDATIONS
1. Understanding Business Communication in Today’s Workplace
2. Mastering Team Skills and Interpersonal Communication
UNIT 2. THE THREE-STEP WRITING PROCESS
3. Planning Business Messages
4. Writing Business Messages
5. Completing Business Messages
UNIT 3. BRIEF BUSINESS MESSAGES
6. Crafting Messages for Electronic Media
7. Writing Routine and Positive Messages
8. Writing Negative Messages
9. Writing Persuasive Messages
UNIT 4. LONGER BUSINESS MESSAGES
10. Understanding and Planning Reports and Proposals
11. Writing and Completing Reports and Proposals
12. Developing Oral and Online Presentations
UNIT 5. EMPLOYMENT MESSAGES AND JOB INTERVIEWS
13. Building Careers and Writing Résumés
14. Applying and Interviewing for Employment
Appendix A. Format and Layout of Business Documents
Appendix B. Documentation of Report Sources
Appendix C. Correction Symbols
Handbook of Grammar, Mechanics, and Usage