Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
The text is packed with up-to-date case studies that demonstrate how international companies are affected by, and deal with, serious global issues ranging from the Arab uprising to the growing influence of the BRIC countries. Practical insights interspersed in each chapter provide balanced commentary on the key issues and topics discussed, with further research being prompted by related questions.
The text is accompanied by an Online Resource Centre, which includes:
Chapter and case study updates
Annotated web links
Ideas for research topics
Assignment scenarios and questions
Guidance on discussion questions and cases
Figures and tables from the text
Andrew Harrison, Formerly Principal Lecturer in Economics at Teesside University. Visitng Lecturer at the Technical University of Kosice, Slovakia
Andrew Harrison holds qualifications from London, Salford, and Leeds Universities and the Trinity College of Music, London. He began his career in accountancy and held teaching appointments in further education before moving to Teesside University as a Principal Lecturer in Economics. He is a Visiting Lecturer at the Technical University of Kosice, Slovakia and in 2008 he was awarded an honorary doctorate by the University.
Table of Contents
The Business Environment in a Changing World
1. The Business Environment: An Overview
2. The Globalization of the Business Environment
3. The International Business Environment
4. The National Business Environment
5. The Regional Business Environment
Key Dimensions of the Business Environment
6. Contrasting Cultures and Business Models
7. Business Ethics and Corporate Responsibility
8. Internationalization of Business in a Changing Environment
9. Markets and Competition
10. Technological Change
11. Risk in the International Environment
The Geopolitical Context
12. Europe: Unification, Crisis and Beyond
13. Contrasting Developments in the Americas
14. Asia's Economic Potential
15. Africa's Struggle for Reform