Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Business Math Brief, Tenth Edition unlocks the world of math by showing how it is used in the business world. Written in a conversational style, the book covers essential topics such as banking, interest, insurance, taxes, depreciation, and inventory. It carefully explains common business practices such as markup, markdown, and cash discounts–showing students how these tools work in small business or personal finance. Authors encourage self-starters from the beginning, with the review of basic math, annotated examples, stop and check exercises, skill builders and application exercises. This edition includes updated problem sets, new trends and laws, and the one-of-a-kind MyMathLab website.
Table of Contents
1. Review of Whole Numbers and Integers
2. Review of Fractions
7. Business Statistics
8. Trade and Cash Discounts
9. Markup and Markdown
11. Simple Interest and Simple Discount
12. Consumer Credit
13. Compound Interest, Future Value, and Present Value
14. Annuities and Sinking Funds
15. Building Wealth Through Investments
APPENDIX A: THE REAL WORLD: VIDEO CASE STUDIES
APPENDIX B: STOP AND CHECK SOLUTIONS
APPENDIX C: ANSWERS TO ODD-NUMBERED EXERCISES