ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
-- Campbell Biology: Concepts & Connections
continues to introduce pedagogical innovations, which motivate you not only to learn, but also engage with biology. The Eighth Edition
of this market-leading book builds on its hallmarks of accuracy, currency, and a dedication to revolutionizing teaching and learning solutions. This thorough revision focuses on providing instructors with the resources needed to invigorate the course and gives you the tools you need to succeed. This edition includes many new key figures to help you better visualize tough topics, while an increased emphasis on scientific thinking equips you to leave the course thinking like a scientist. The book and MasteringBiology®
work together to create a classroom experience that enables you to succeed in biology.
This program presents a teaching and learning experience–for you .
- Engage in biology and make important connections between concepts and unifying themes: Immerse yourself in the world of biology with both the textbook and MasteringBiology, so you can understand the connections across biological concepts.
- Focus on scientific thinking: Think like scientists and develop scientific reasoning and literacy skills with new Scientific Thinking Modules and more.
- Maximize learning and success: Get the tools you need to become skilled at learning and understanding course material. MasteringBiology coaches you through tough topics and helps you to actively practice concepts they need to grasp.
0321885171 / 9780321885173 Campbell Biology: Concepts & Connections Plus MasteringBiology with eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0321885325 / 9780321885326 Campbell Biology: Concepts & Connections
0321928059 / 9780321928054 MasteringBiology with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Campbell Biology: Concepts & Connections
1. Biology: Exploring Life
I. THE LIFE OF THE CELL
2. The Chemical Basis of Life
3. The Molecules of Cells
4. A Tour of the Cell
5. The Working Cell
6. How Cells Harvest Chemical Energy
7. Photosynthesis: Using Light to Make Food
II. CELLULAR REPRODUCTION AND GENETICS
8. The Cellular Basis of Reproduction and Inheritance
9. Patterns of Inheritance
10. Molecular Biology of the Gene
11. How Genes Are Controlled
12. DNA Technology and Genomics
III. CONCEPTS OF EVOLUTION
13. How Populations Evolve
14. The Origin of Species
15. Tracing Evolutionary History
IV. THE EVOLUTION OF BIOLOGICAL DIVERSITY
16. Microbial Life: Prokaryotes and Protists
17. The Evolution of Plant and Fungal Diversity
18. The Evolution of Invertebrate Diversity
19. The Evolution of Vertebrate Diversity
V. ANIMALS: FORM AND FUNCTION
20. Unifying Concepts of Animal Structure and Function
21. Nutrition and Digestion
22. Gas Exchange
24. The Immune System
25. Control of Body Temperature and Water Balance
26. Hormones and the Endocrine System
27. Reproduction and Embryonic Development
28. Nervous Systems
29. The Senses
30. How Animals Move
VI. PLANTS: FORM AND FUNCTION
31. Plant Structure, Growth, and Reproduction
32. Plant Nutrition and Transport
33. Control Systems in Plants
34. The Biosphere: An Introduction to Earth's Diverse Environments
35. Behavioral Adaptations to the Environment
36. Population Ecology
37. Communities and Ecosystems
38. Conservation Biology