More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Usually Ships in 3-5 Business Days
Starting at $48.44
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
Renting is easy, fast, and cheap! Renting from eCampus.com can save you hundreds of dollars compared to the cost of new or used books each semester. At the end of the semester, simply ship the book back to us with a free UPS shipping label! No need to worry about selling it back.
How do rental returns work?
Returning books is as easy as possible. As your rental due date approaches, we will email you several courtesy reminders. When you are ready to return, you can print a free UPS shipping label from our website at any time. Then, just return the book to your UPS driver or any staffed UPS location. You can even use the same box we shipped it in!
What version or edition is this?
This is the 1st edition with a publication date of 5/13/2013.
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Genetic testing and counseling for cancer have made great strides in recent years. The popular demand for advanced screening, advances in testing, and the response of insurance companies and corporations have all served to shape this important area of cancer risk management.
This practical, user-friendly guidebook allows you to search by disease site for the hereditary cancer syndromes relevant to your patient's cancer. This handy resource will help you formulate questions when expanding that patient's personal and family history, identify the genes that are most relevant, determine whether to refer that patient for genetic counseling and testing, and guide the patient’s long-term management based on the patient’s mutation-positive or –negative status. The guidebook will be of equal value to the practicing oncologist, surgeon, urologist, endocrinologist, gynecologist, primary care physician, physician's assistant, advanced practice nurse, and any other clinician counseling a patient who has had cancer.
Look inside and discover…
• Informative overview summarizes the history and current state of genetic cancer testing.
• Site-specific chapters help you locate essential facts quickly.
• Expert contributors share their years of experience in genetic testing and counseling.
• Timely insights address key medical, ethical, legal, and financial implications of genetic cancer testing.
Be sure your patients have the advance information they need…
Pick up your copy today!