The multiple economic crises of the past two years demonstrate more clearly than ever that the age of "mercenary" capitalism is over: we must finally embark on a new age of sustainable, stakeholder-based capitalism. While enlightened executives and policymakers understand the critical need for change, few have tangible plans for making it happen.
Stuart L. Hart, one of the world's leading experts on sustainable capitalism, presents clear roadmaps and strategies for identifying sustainable products and technologies that can drive new growth while also helping to solve today's key social and environmental problems.
This edition contains :
- Thoroughly updated case studies and examples Extensive coverage of incubating clean, green technologies at the "base of the pyramid" and "trickling them up" to the top
- A new Preface demonstrating how recent economic crises stem from unsustainable policies and strategies and what can be done about it
- New analyses of oil price spikes and the sub-prime crisis through the lens of sustainable capitalism
- Updates on breakthrough "bottom of the pyramid" initiatives in the U.S. and beyond
- Drawing on his experience consulting with leading companies and NGOs worldwide, Hart shows how to overcome the pitfalls of traditional 'greening' and 'sustainability' strategies, and recharge innovation, growth, and profitability in your enterprise.