Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Everything you need to prepare for real-world practice in cardiovascular and pulmonary therapy
Includes CD-ROM with interactive exercises
This comprehensive book/CD-ROM package offers a detailed, authoritative review of the full scope of cardiovascular and pulmonary physical therapy.
Featuring contributions from international experts in the field, it thoroughly explains exercise principles and provides an evidence base for many of the tests, measures, and interventions used by physical therapists.
Fully integrated with the APTA's Guide to Physical Therapist Practice, 2e, this edition is enriched by a new full-color presentation and has been revised using feedback from a national survey of course directors.
Learn how to apply principles to practice in any setting with:
- A complete chapter on the history and use of the Guide to Physical Therapist Practice
- Eight chapters on preferred-practice patterns for cardiovascular and pulmonary therapy describing interventions and outcomes
- A case study in each practice pattern chapter illustrating how tests, measures, and interventions apply to actual patients International perspectives that offer insights into the global practice of physical therapy from prominent therapists from Australia, Canada, Japan, Singapore, and Columbia
- NEW CHAPTER: Physical Therapy Associated with Bariatric Disorders that details the role of the physical therapist in this important area Peer-reviewed published research
- A CD-ROM that contains: A variety of multimedia interactive presentations that complement chapters in the book; Case study exercises; Demonstrations of cardiac and pulmonary physical exams
.Lawrence P. "Larry" Cahalin, PT, MS, CCS, is an APTA Board Certified Cardiopulmonary Clinical Specialist who was part of the initial 5-member panel of physical therapists who developed the APTA Preferred Practice Patterns in Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Physical Therapy. He has been actively involved in clinical research and clinical practice in cardiovascular and pulmonary physical therapy for over 20 years and is currently Senior Clinical Professor in the Department of Physical Therapy at Northeastern University in Boston, Massachusetts. His current research and clinical interests include the development of hypothesis-oriented algorithms for the examination and treatment of persons with heart and lung disease and better understanding breathing in persons with heart and lung disease.