Accounts Manager, In Training
We are currently seeking an Account Manager, In Training. The Account Manager, In Training will thrive in a fast-paced business environment where hard work and self-motivated professionalism are quickly rewarded. The primary goal for this position will be to coordinate, organize, direct, and ensure the efficient and effective operation of several online K-12 and College bookstore accounts in the Virtual Bookstore Department. The person in this position will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with school administrators and faculty, while working closely with their Textbook Manager and Textbook Coordinator(s) to ensure accurate and timely delivery of textbooks and supplies to customers.
Build and maintain relationships with key contacts, including school administrators and faculty, at several K-12 schools, colleges and universities by:
- Communicating daily, weekly or monthly with school contacts via email and phone.
- Conducting quarterly review meetings with all accounts via conference call and/or online web demos.
- Visiting larger accounts onsite at least once per year.
- Buy-back travel required at the end of each school year, semester, and/or quarter/term.
- Supporting school with monetary or item donations.
- Recognizing special occasions (such as: birthdays, holidays, etc.) with cards and/or gifts.
Oversee the planning and status of upcoming and current semesters for all online bookstore accounts by:
- Reviewing upcoming semester reports.
- Implementing adoption processes for use by Textbook and Assistant Textbook Managers.
- Monitoring textbook stocking detail reports to ensure accurate inventory.
- Reviewing Open Order reports daily/weekly.
- Coordinate with Textbook Manager and Textbook Coordinator(s) on daily tasks and goals.
- Develop and implement marketing plans for each academic cycle.
- Evaluate effectiveness of marketing plans on an annual basis.
- Manager online bookstore appearance, efficiency, and content.
Monitor all monies (payable and receivable) to ensure all accounts are up to date.
- Includes monthly, quarterly and bi-annual commissions, and financial aid and bulk order invoices.
- Coordinate end of term online and onsite textbook buybacks.
- Renegotiate contractual agreements with school accounts as needed.
- Prepare and maintain records of departmental budget in conjunction with the Inventory Control Manager. Review and evaluate sales figures against budget to assure compliance with budgetary controls and perform needed adjustments.
- Develop, update and implement policies and procedures and necessary changes to the Virtual Boosktore Department operations and policies; present or submit proposed changes to policies and procedures to upper management for approval as required.
Maintain current knowledge of changes and trends in the bookstore/retail market by:
- Attending annual educational conferences, as approved by upper management.
- Researching and evaluating market trends and needs annually.
- Assist the Virtual Bookstore Department customer service team with process improvements and customer inquiries.
- Support Textbook Manager and Textbook Coordinator(s) with textbook adoption processes and open order tracking during rush time periods.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to travel up to 30% (overnight travel will be required during peak seasons)
- Bachelors degree required (Business, Marketing, or related field)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel, Word & Powerpoint)
- Succeed in a team environment with strong leadership skills
- Ability to set and achieve sales goals
- Ability to track and manage inventory
- Ability to analyze sales history to predict future sales
- Ability to multi-task and keep a customer focus
- Possess an ownership mentality
- Previous experience in sales, marketing, customer service, account management, inventory management, and/or purchasing a plus.
Accounts Payable Specialist
Online book retailer has an immediate opening for an Accounts Payable Specialist in its Lexington, Kentucky headquarters. This is a hands-on position that requires candidates to be very well-organized and detail oriented. This position will involve reconciliation and exception resolution in a complex and high volume purchase order processing environment. This is a full-time, hourly position with a competitive wage and benefits package.
Applicants must meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Prior experience in a corporate accounts payables environment.
- Experience with reconciliation of vendor accounts.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with other departments within an organization.
- Ability to work independently on projects and be proactive in improvement of business processes.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains strongly preferred but not required.
- Experience using Microsoft SQL or other relational databases preferred but not required.
eCampus.com has immediate opening for a full-time Distribution Associates in our Lexington, Kentucky Distribution Center. If you meet the qualifications listed below, please apply now at our Distribution Center, located at 2415 Palumbo Drive, Lexington, KY 40509 or send your resume to email@example.com.
- Operate RF(Radio Frequency) electronic inventory tool.
- Verify product using ISBN/UPC codes
- Move throughout the Distribution Center for the majority of the shift
- High school diploma or GED required
- Warehouse, distribution, production or manufacturing experience helpful – Entry level candidate are welcome to apply if you meet all other requirements
- Must be able to repeatedly lift 10-20lbs and occasionally up to 50lbs
- Ability to meet physical demands, involving extended periods of standing, walking, lifting, bending, reaching above the head, kneeling, crouching, and/or stretching
- Computer skills
- Able to us radio frequency (RF) scanners
- Ability to take instruction from Management (verbal or written)
- Organization skills
- Fast-paced worker (ex. 100 books processed per hour)
- Team-oriented individual
- Normal warehouse environment with exposure to dust, noise, hot/cold temperatures and the like
We are currently seeking a Textbook Manager who can thrive in a fast-paced business environment where hard work and self-motivated professionalism are rewarded. The primary responsibility of this position is the efficient and effective operation of several online K-12 and college bookstore accounts in the Virtual Bookstore Department. The person in this position will build and maintain relationships with school administrators and faculty, while working as part of a team with the Bookstore Manager and Assistant Textbook Manager for those schools. The team is committed to the accurate and timely delivery of textbooks and supplies to customers, offering an exceptional level of service to the administration, faculty and students. The ideal candidate has strong interpersonal skills combined with great attention to detail and the ability to analyze data.
Build and maintain relationships with key contacts, including school administrators and faculty, at several K-12 schools, colleges and universities:
- Communicate with school contacts via email and phone, adjust communication methods in response to particular needs of each school, and respond promptly to all emails and calls
- Travel at end of each school year/semester to conduct onsite book buybacks
- Facilitate ordering of desk copies and teachers' materials for the school
Act as an indispensable and responsive resource for your schools:
- Communicate with publishers and/or their representatives, as well as internal departments, to continually enhance knowledge of developments and trends in the industry, such as digital products, new formats and delivery methods/platforms
- Attend industry conferences as scheduled (if applicable)
Oversee the planning and status of upcoming and current semesters/school years for all online bookstore accounts:
- Review upcoming semester reports, establish timeline for each school to ensure accurate inventory availability and readiness of website
- Partner with school to be sure all required information is provided to us
- Supervise adoption procedures performed by Assistant Textbook Managers
- Review website to ensure accuracy of all listings
- Monitor textbook inventory reports to ensure accurate stock levels and timing of receipts
- Review Open Order reports daily/weekly to be sure orders are coming in on time, identify potential issues, work with schools as needed on availabilities
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to succeed in a team environment and demonstrate strong leadership skills and initiative
- Possess an ownership mentality
- Flexibility and organizational skills to respond effectively to a fast pace, unexpected issues, demanding timelines and peak periods as well as multiple and changing priorities
- Customer focus in all aspects of the position, including follow-up and follow-through
- Strong and adaptable oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the year (including overnight travel during peak seasons)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel, Word, Outlook & Powerpoint)
- Ability to set and achieve sales goals, analyze sales history to predict future needs, track and manage inventory
- Bachelor degree required
- 3+ years' experience in textbook and/or publishing industry preferred; or experience in customer service, account management, inventory management, retail operations and/or purchasing a plus
Develops cost-effective information technology solutions by creating new software applications. Analyzes systems requirements, existing business processes and information systems. Codes, tests, and debugs documents, and implements software applications that are more complex with full competency.
Employees have the option of choosing among 3 plans administered through Anthem.
Discounted vision plan available through VSP Vision.
Provided through Delta Dental, offering an extensive network of providers throughout the country.
Company paid benefit at no charge to all full-time employees. Policy is equal to one times your annual earnings.
This option provides additional life insurance for employees and the option to cover spouses and/or dependents.
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)/Health Savings Account (HSA)
Set aside some of your income on a pre-tax basis for health care and/or dependent care expenses.
Company paid benefit at no charge to all full-time employees.
Voluntary benefit that covers 60% of your weekly salary if you should be out of work for up to 90 days due to accident or illness.
Supplement insurance offered through Aflac. Cancer, Hospital, and Accident plans available.
Paid Time Off & Holidays
All full-time employees begin accruing paid time off (vacation and sick time) at their date of hire. All full-time employees also receive nine (9) paid holidays each year.
401(k) Retirement Plan
Employees have the choice of two 401(k) plans, the Traditional and the Roth. eCampus.com will match dollar for dollar the first 4% of an employee's salary and are immediately vested from the first day of participation.