The primary market for this book is the case course in finance which is generally taught to undergraduate finance majors as a capstone course and to graduate students in a first or second finance course.
Table of Contents
Preface: Note to the Student: How to Study and Discuss Cases
Part I: Case
1. Warren E. Buffett, 1995
2. The Fidelity Magellan Fund, 1995
3. Jeanne Mockard, at Putnam Investments
4. The Battle for Value: Federal Express Corporation vs. United Parcel Service of America Inc.
Part II: Financial Analysis and Forecasting
5. The Financial Detective, 1996
6. Oracle Systems Corp.
7. The Body Shop International PLC: An Introduction to Financial Modeling
8. Padgett Paper Products Co.
9. Sengupta Fibres LTD
10. Bayern Brauerei
11. Merrill Electronics (A)
Part III: Estimating the Cost of Capital
12. Best Practices in Estimating the Cost of Capital: Survey and Synthesis
13. Grand Metropolitan PLC
14. The Boeing 777
15. Teletech Corporation, 1996
Part IV: Capital Budgeting and Resource Allocation
16. The Investment Detective
17. Vesuvio Fonderia SpA
18. Empirical Chemicals LTD (A)
19. Empirical Chemicals LTD (B)
20. Glaxo Italia SpA: The Zinnat Marketing Decision
21. Pan-Europa Foods, S.A.
22. Astral Records N.A.:
PartV: Management of Shareholders' Equity
23. Northboro Maching Tools Corporation
24. Donaldson Lufkin, Jenrette, 1995
25. British Aerospace PLC (A)
Part VI: Management of the Corporate Capital Structure
26. Introduction to Debt Policy and Value
27. MCI Communications Corp: Capital Structure Theory
28. Polaroid Corporation, 1996
29. Rosario Acero S.A.
30. Planet Copias & Imagem
Part VII: Analysis of Financing Tactics: Leases, Options and Foreign Currency